Many people ask me how I came to be a funeral celebrant.
I think the roots of it were in experiencing unsatisfactory funerals, and being saddened by impersonal and rushed events which did not truly acknowledge the life, impact and individuality of the person who had died.
I already had over 20 years’ experience of creating and facilitating rites of passage, and leading ceremonies from the heart. In 2014 by a terminally ill friend asked me to lead her funeral service. I was honoured to work with her on this, and when the time came to take her service, I truly realised the value and importance of a good farewell gathering, and knew that I had found my calling.
I trained with Green Fuse – I valued their personal and creative approach, and the demanding thoroughness of their externally accredited Diploma course. I have been working as a Civil Celebrant / Independent Celebrant (the terms are largely interchangeable) since 2015.
I really care about helping people to create heartfelt and unique farewells. Many people are not aware of how much choice and freedom they have in creating a fitting funeral service – I can help you explore what aspects are important to you, and to create a flow to the service so that everything that needs to be said and done is accomplished.
Aside from this calling, I am a mum to two teenagers, my husband is a carpenter and builder, and as a family we take part in medieval living history events in Britain and Europe. I also enjoy long walks in the woodland on Chosen Hill with our scruffy hound!
QUALIFICATIONS IN CELEBRANCY
- Level 3 Diploma in Funeral Celebrancy
- I am a member of the Green Fuse Guild of Funeral Celebrants and abide by their Code of Practice.
- I am DBS cleared
- I have both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
- I belong to the ‘Dying Matters’ coalition, the Good Funeral Guild, and the Natural Death Centre. I am also a ‘Dementia Friend’.
- I subscribe to the Celebrant Accord
I’m happy to help if you have any queries
– do contact me on 07814 801942 or email@example.com